Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Surf's Up


Hello everyone... Today I have a new creation and it is for the CDAC Progressive Challenge #19. If you are not a member of Crafters Digital Art Center just click on the name and you can join. We were given an image from Tiffany Doodles Digital Stamps and I decided to create a "Shaker Box". You can use it as a decoration or make a card out of it but right now I decided to leave it as is. I colored the image using Adobe Photoshop and used my Pattern Tool to fill in the surf boards. I found a Hibiscus Pattern on the Internet and I think it goes well with this theme. To make the shaker box I used two pieces of chipboard, some acetate and a frame that I made. I used one of my own images that I gave away as a Freebie at my Challenge Blog called "Flip Flops". Come on over the Pattie's Creations Design Challenge to join in our challenges. I give away a FREEBIE the first Friday of the month.
I didn't have any sand so I used kitty litter that I colored using Bronze Perfect Pearls Mist. Before adding the acetate I sprinkled the kitty litter inside the box. I love making these "Shaker Boxes"!!! I had a Palm Tree Image that I got a while ago off the Internet. I could have drawn my own but I wanted to finish this creation today. Let me know what you think...

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card Patti. I love the surf boards.

cass said...

I love your surfboards,great card

krcmasterpiece said...

Love the shadow box! This was a fun digi to play with. I made mine into a front cover for a new mini album.

http://krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com/2012/08/multi-media-mini-album-cover.html

Sandra DeFalco said...

Great idea using kitty litter! This came out great, love it!
♥ your sister - Sandi

Glenda Atkins said...

Fab shaker card(kitty litter eh! great idea). Love your colours too!

Anonymous said...

Of course we like them! They are so wonderful! I cannot believe that there are so many different ways to use one simple digi & that they all look so fabulous! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is fun! :)